Registered Childminders Providing ELC:

Applications can be submitted at any time of the year. If you wish to use a Registered Childminder to access your child's entitlement, you should ask them if they are registered with the Scottish Childminding Association (SCMA) to provide funded ELC places in Glasgow and if they have the capacity to admit your child.

Childminders must be part of the Council's ELC framwork to provide funded ELC and this is adminstered through the Scottish Childminding Association (SCMA). Information on Rgistered Childminders is available from the Glasgow Family Information Service website -

Once they have confirmed they are part of the Glasgow framwork, you should contact SCMA to request an application form. You will need to provide a copy of your child's birth certifcate and proof of address.

SCMA contact details:

Scottish Childminding Association, Argyll Court, Castle Business Park Stirling, FK9 4TY

telephone: 01786 445 377     website:


Back to top
Contact us
For email enquiries please use the form opposite.
Alternatively you can call us on
0141 287 7350
or write to us at
Early Childhood and Extended Childcare Services
40 John Street,
Glasgow G1 1JL
If you see this, leave this form field blank.